An informative article on Malaysia.
Although eateries are allowed to operate during lockdowns, it hasn’t been easy. With no dine-in allowed for the past couple of months, many eateries in Penang (and generally, Malaysia) have been suffering from low sales figures. As an owner of an eatery, one must not only ponder the ways of sustaining a business but he/she must also ensure the livelihood of the team.
There are many reasons why it may be very difficult for eateries to operate during lockdowns. Some of the reasons may include
- Most of us are eating at home to save money for rainy days,
- Costs required to participate on food delivery platforms,
- Costs of reaching out to customers on social media platforms and
- Operational costs such as rental and electricity bills.
Operating a business in a midst of an economic downturn and pandemic is not easy. That’s why working together is so important. Eateries are coming together in order to put the community first with Chiak-Rity Campaign. Not only this heartwarming charity campaign will be helping the community, but you will be able to ensure that your favourite hawker, cafe, bakery, and restaurant will be around for years to come.
Eateries In Penang Are Coming Together For Chiak-Rity
Initiated by the owner of Bricklin Cafe Bar, Rizal, Chiak-Rity campaign has the objective of providing hundreds of essential packs to the community. Some of the participating eateries include Macallum Connoisseurs, 無辣不歡 Mala Xiang Guo, Soul Cafe, Yin’s Sourdough Bakery, James Foo Western Food, among 40 more eateries in Penang. These eateries will be contributing an amount to gather these essential packs.
According to the association, there will be two dates for the distribution of essential packs, 15th August 2021, and 16th September 2021. It has the aim of giving back a minimum of 300 essential packs during the first round. Each essential pack is worth RM50 each. To ensure the charity campaign is completely transparent, the association will be working with Lions Club Association for distribution.
How Can We Help Chiak-Rity?
Not only we will be helping the community, we will be helping the eatery to sustain, and also enjoy some delicious food along the way. To support these eateries and their heartwarming initiative, simply head down to the participating outlets to purchase something off their menu. While you’re at it, make sure that the item is non-discounted. Keep your eyes peeled, as some of these eateries may even have a special menu for this campaign.
Here is a full list of participating eateries for Chiak-Rity (in alphabetical order):
The list includes their Halal status, and bestselling items on the menu of respective eateries.
Local / Fusion Food
- 3 Leg Cat Cafe – Non-Halal – Grill Fish Fried Rice, Nasi Lemak, Salmon Treasure Bowl.
- Golden Bowl – Pork Free – Milky Cheese Noodle, Milanese Chicken Chop, Nasi Lemak Rempah Kao Kao.
- Homecafe 家Penang – Non-Halal – Nasi Lemak, Salted Egg Chicken Chop , Laksa.
- Little Oasis Cafe – Non-Halal – Bento Meals, Oasis Chicken, Almond Fish.
- Penang Road Famous Laksa – Non-Halal – Penang Laksa.
- Shallots – Non-Halal – Shallots Fried Chicken, Volcano Pork Steak , Gulai Tumis Fish.
- The Shark Food Court – Non-Halal – Hokkien Mee, Wantan Mee, Curry Mee.
- 龍鬚麵 Dragon Noodle – Non-Halal – Collagen Wine Soup Dragon Beard Noodles, Mala Xiang Guo.
- 無辣不歡 Mala Xiang Guo – Non-Halal – Mala Hot Pot, Mala Soup, Mala Dumpling.
- 肥仔煲 Quay Pot – Non-Halal – Fish Head Bee Hoon, Seafood Porridge.
- Ah Ma Pan Mee 阿嫲刀麻切 – Non-Halal – Dry Panmee, Original Panmee (Soup), Fried Pork Belly Rice.
- Ah Soon Ma Cafe – Non-Halal – Slow Braised Vinegar Pork Trotter, Nyonya Curry Chicken , Assam Curry Fish.
- Aunty Q – Non-Halal – Signature Siuyuk Lard Rice, Pork Lard Rice with Luncheon Meat, Mama Sesame Oil Chicken Rice.
- Bite Me Dessert – Pork Free – Bubur Cha Cha, Barley Beancurd, Bi Koh Moi, Beauty Crystal Ice Jelly.
- Canning Dim Sum Express – Halal – Dimsum, Char Hor Fun, 2C+ Ipoh White Coffee.
- Holy Crab – Pork Free – Bake Crab, Chili Crab, Big Fresh Oyster, Platter Combo.
- Ipoh Oon Kee Tauge Ayam – Pork Free – Ipoh Famous Steamed Chicken
- Jiashi Restaurant & Cafe – Non-Halal – Egg with Bittergourd, Mango Pomelo.
- Journey2Life Vegetarian Restaurant – Non-Halal – Signature Hor Fun, Curry Hedgehog Mushroom.
- Tong Seng Roasted House – Non-Halal – Roasted Set, Set Rice, Noodle, Porridge.
- Xiao Long Kan – Non-Halal – Single Hotpot.
- Bricklin Cafe Bar – Halal – Aroy Mak Thai, MR Chicken Burger, Shashouka, Pilaf Rice Poke Bowl.
- Burger Society – Halal – Gourmet Burger.
- Crepe Cottage – Halal – Flamed Citrus Grilled Chicken, Crepe Cottage Grilled Lamb, Pan-seared Seabass.
- Heap Seng at 29 – Non-Halal – Fresh Live Oysters, Tacos, Grilled Prawns Arabiatta, Hot Wings.
- James Foo Western Food – Non-Halal – Chicken Chop, Chicken Gordon Bleu, Stuffed Fish.
- Macallum Connoisseurs Coffee – Non-Halal – Signature Aglio Olio, Pork Burgers, Coffee.
- Navy Specialty Coffee – Non-Halal – King Prawn Aglio E Olio, Curry Roast Pork Pasta.
- Olivia’s Restaurant – Pork Free – Peri-Peri Chicken, Hickory Lamb Shoulders, Honey Glaze Roasted Chicken.
- Pit Stop No. 12 Cafe – Non-Halal – All Day Breakfast , Curry Capitan Chicken , Spicy Olio Pasta.
- Soul Cafe – Non-Halal – Linguine al Carbonara, Spaghetti Al Pencetta, Chicken Parmigiana.
- The Pharm Hut – Vegetarian – Probiotic Kefir Sodas, Kefir Yogurt, Healthy Vegetarian Food.
- Viking Steakhouse – Non-Halal – Australian Chilled Grain Fed Ribeye, Braised Lamb Shank, Chicken Schnitzel.
- Sugar Tang – Pork Free – Japanese Curry Rice, Omurice, Salmon Mentaiko Don, Fried Chicken.
- Daseo – Pork Free – Cheese Chicken Cube, Korean Fried Chicken, Rampokki.
- Hanjan Eatery Soju Bar – Non-Halal – Meat Platter, Buldak, Clams.
- Pacific Coffee – Non-Halal – Coffee, Cakes, Pastries.
- Soyatec – Halal – Japanese Soymilk, Nigari Tofu, Cold Pudding, Taufa, Okara.
- U-Soya – Halal – Soya, Hot Tau Fu Fah, Cold Tau Fu Fah.
Should there be any new participating eateries, this list will expand!
Chiak-Rity Begins From 16th July 2021 Onwards
This wonderful campaign starts from 16th July onwards, and it lasts until the second distribution on 16th September 2021. To simply help out, get yourself involved by simply supporting these eateries directly. Who knows? Perhaps while doing some ‘chiak-rity’ work, you will find a new favourite eatery. What do you think about this initiative? Let us know in the comment!
Now Playing, Catch New Episodes Every Friday At 7 PM
Are you excited yet? Catch Foodie Canteen on Spotify, YouTube, and Apple Podcast or anywhere you get your podcasts with new episodes every Friday at 7 PM. Happy listening!
Foodie Canteen is brought to you by Good Foodie Media; the team behind KL Foodie, Penang Foodie, Johor Foodie, Singapore Foodie, Bangkok Foodie, Halal Foodie and Foodie 大马吃货.
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and the latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!
This article was first provided here.
I hope that you found the above informative. Similar content can be found on our main site here:
Let me have your feedback below in the comments section. Let us know what subjects we should cover for you next.