A great article on Penang.
Buying a car is a big commitment and getting sufficient financing through authorised channels might be quite a challenge to many. Times are tough so the opportunists will continue to prey the vulnerable and easily convinced.
Perodua wishes to warn its existing and prospective buyers of scams involving bogus sales advisors asking customers to make payments to personal bank accounts.
“We have recently discovered at least two scammers, posing as Perodua sales advisors, asking customers to make booking fee or deposit payments to personal bank accounts,” Perodua President and CEO Dato’ Zainal Abidin Ahmad said, adding that the company is working with the police on the matter.
Be alert when taking e-hailing apps, as enforcement teams found drivers using the apps to be fleecing riders
“We take this opportunity to remind all our valued customers to only make payments to official company accounts or over the counters at our outlets,” Dato’ Zainal added.
Perodua also advises prospective buyers when purchasing a new Perodua vehicle to:
- Contact or visit Perodua’s authorised sales or service centres (if allowed in your respective area) to learn more about its products and services, or visit www.perodua.com.my or its official Facebook and Instagram pages
- Find the most up-to-date list of nationwide sales and service outlets and their contact details here
- Contact the Customer Experience Centre at 1-800-88-6600 during office hours, or send an enquiry here, if anyone claiming to be a Perodua sales or service representative is asking you to make payments into a personal bank account
- Booking of a new Perodua can also be made online here
And be mindful and extra careful about suspicious individuals or agents claiming to deal with products and services from Perodua. The company advises the prospective buyers to:
- Don’t react immediately to offers, whether online or in print, without confirming its details with Perodua’s authorised sales or service advisors, or its official online platforms – Perodua website, official Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Don’t give away your personal details such as bank account numbers, home address and IC number without making sure that the person you are speaking with is an authorised Perodua personnel.
- Don’t make any payments, including deposits and booking fees, into personal bank accounts. All payments must be made to company accounts only.
This article was first published here.
I hope that you found the above interesting. Similar content can be found on our blog here:
Let me have your feedback below in the comments section. Let us know what subjects we should write about for you next.