A great article about Penang Malaysia.
Making traditional kuih can be a rather tedious experience. As we all know, most of our traditional snacks take hours to complete because each has its own unique steps and ingredients. Luckily we are living in the age of innovation! People are coming up with ways to work around these recipes and create easier versions. Which we all love and appreciate.
Easy Burger Malaysia Recipe With Frozen Mantou
Recently, Facebook user Hajar Mazlan, shared to a Facebook page on how to make Burger Malaysia in the quickest way possible. The posting received 6.2K shares and of course for obvious reasons. Let’s look at how to make it shall we!
- 1 bowl of Anchovies
- 2 cloves of Garlic (sliced)
- 2 pieces of Shallot (sliced)
- 2-4 tbsp of Sugar (adjust to your own preferences)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/2 bowl Tamarind water (air asam jawa)
- 15 pieces of Dried Chilli
- 1 tbsp Belacan
- 2 Onion
- 1 packet of Frozen Mantou
- 1 Cucumber (sliced)
- Blend dried chili, belacan, dan onions in a blender with a little bit of water.
- Stir fry garlic and shallot in a pan until it is slightly yellow.
- Add in the blended mix and stir fry until the oil starts to separate from the ingredients.
- Throw in the anchovies and tamarind water. Simmer until the anchovies soften. Add a little bit more water if the anchovies are still hard.
- Add sugar into the pan. Taste the sambal first and only add salt when necessary.
- Put the sambal aside.
- Fry the frozen mantou in a different pan.
- Take it out once it’s golden yellow.
- Cut the mantou in half and put in cucumber and salad.
- Insert a spoonful of sambal in the slit and serve.
A Great Evening Snack
Make yourself a cup of good, hot tea to fully enjoy this traditional snack. The slightly sweet and fluffy bun will definitely compliment the spicy and savoury sambal.
You can also fry the mantou with an air fryer! Check out these air fryer models:
This recipe was adapted from: Hajar Mazlan
Also Read: Here’s How You Can Make Cinnamon Rolls Using Roti Paratha And An Air Fryer
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and the latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!
The above post was first published here.
We trust you found the article above interesting. You can find similar content on our main site:
Let me have your feedback in the comments section below. Let us know what topics we should cover for you in the future.