An interesting article on Malaysia.
Hello there guys! When you crave mashed potatoes, what do you do? Well, for some of us, it’s to drive all the way to our nearest KFC to get some. Besides, KFC serves mashed potatoes that are unlike any others out there right? But what if we tell you that you can simply recreate the ala KFC mashed potato at home with this recipe? You’ve read it right.
Ala KFC Mashed Potato Recipe: Make This Treat At Home
A. Mash Potato
- 8 potatoes
- 1 box of 125ml fresh milk
- 2-3 tbsp of butter
- Black pepper
- White pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped into cubes)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp wheat flour/corn starch
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Black and white pepper
- 2 and 1/2 cups of water
A. Mash Potato
- Remove the skin of the potato and cut them in half.
2. Then, boil the potatoes in a pot of water (for about 15 minutes) until they sink into the bottom of the pot.
3. Next, drain the potatoes dry
4. Add in some butter and mash the potatoes
5. Add in black and white pepper to taste (optional to add more)
6. Then, add in the milk bit by bit until the mashed potatoes become creamy and fluffy
7. Finally, mash up the potatoes again (optional to use a hand mixer)
- In a pan, melt some butter and add in onions until they turn fragrant and caramelized
- Add in wheat flour (or corn starch) and mix well until the flour becomes well incorporated and turn brown
- Next, add in some water while mixing until you get desired consistency.
- Switch off the heat and put the gravy into a blender to blend (to rid of the lumps)
- Then, put the gravy over medium heat and let it simmer before adding in chicken stock cubes, black pepper as well as white pepper.
Tip: If the gravy is too thick, add in some water.
Try Out This Ala KFC Mashed Potato Recipe
When it’s done, simply transfer the mashed potatoes into a container and add in the gravy. Then, it’s ready to be enjoyed. So the next time you feel like putting on a chef hat, try out this recipe. Bye!
This recipe is by Rabi (Facebook)
Check Out: Kimchi Recipe: A Step By Step Guide To Making This Fermented Korean Dish
Read More: 3-Steps Domino’s Grilled Chicken Recipe That You Can Try With An Air Fryer
We would like to invite you to join our New Private Community Group! Here you are free to ask questions, share your love for food, and explore the Penang community! We will also regularly post about casual promos and latest findings.
Click on the button below and hunt good food with us today!
The above article was provided here.
I trust that you found the post above interesting. Similar content can be found on our blog here:
Let me have your feedback below in the comments section. Let us know which topics we should write about for you in future.