A great article about Penang Malaysia.
The third-generation Saga has definitely been around for a while, so to keep up with the modern ages, Proton has now given the entry-level sedan a second facelift update in 2022, with the addition of a handful of new, modern features.
Offered in four variants, including a new range-topping Premium S, the 2022 Proton Saga facelift is now priced from RM34,400 for the entry-level Manual AT variant.
Despite being technically a facelift, the 2022 Proton Saga still retains most – if not all – of the old exterior styling touches, save for a few minor tweaks. These include:
- Blacked-out “Infinite Weave” grille
- New Proton roundel emblem
- Red “Ethereal Bow” trim
- New 15-inch two-tone alloy wheels (1.3 Premium AT and up)
- New external boot release button (1.3 Premium S only)
- Black rear number-plate trim with Proton script
- Blacked-out side wing mirrors, auto-fold function (1.3 Premium S only)
The 2022 Proton Saga facelift also saw the introduction of a new range-topping Premium S variant, which comes with an additional exterior body kit, consisting of a front bumper skirt and side skirts; the rear remains untouched.
The mechanicals underneath the bonnet remains unchanged on the 2022 facelift, with all variants of the new Proton Saga receiving the same 1.3-litre four-cylinder engine as before.
- Engine : 1,332 cc, naturally-aspirated inline-four, petrol
- Transmission: 5-speed Manual, 4-speed Automatic
- Driveline: Front-engine, front-wheel drive
- Max horsepower: 95 hp @ 5,750 rpm
- Max torque: 120 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
The cabin of the 2022 Proton Saga facelift has been slightly spruced up in terms of design, alongside an update in its equipment list – most noticeably, the new keyless-entry system on the range–topping Premium S variant.
- Redesigned centre-stack
- Red trimming on air vents surround, steering wheel, instrument cluster
- New Proton roundel emblem on steering wheel
- New air-conditioning control panel
- New interior lighting with automatic dimming
- N95 cabin filter
- New graphics for the 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system (Premium and up)
- New semi-leatherette seats (Premium S variant)
- Leatherette steering wheel (Premium S variant)
- Keyless-entry and push-start button (Premium S variant)
The electronic stability control (ESC), traction control (TC), and hill-hold assist (HHA) system is now being offered to the 1.3 Standard AT variant, moving down a rung on the variant tree.
Aside from that, however, the rest of the safety equipment offering is unchanged on the Proton Saga, which means there are unfortunately no advanced driver assistance features just yet, including autonomous emergency braking that is now available on its chief rival, the Perodua Bezza.
The 2022 Proton Saga facelift variants are priced as follows:
- 1.3 Standard MT – RM34,400
- 1.3 Standard AT – RM38,300
- 1.3 Premium AT – RM41,300
- 1.3 Premium S AT – RM44,300
The pricing information above is on-the-road, without insurance, and inclusive of the sales tax exemption that is valid until the end of June 2022. Also included in the price is a five-year/150,000 km warranty, alongside three free labour services.
The above post was provided here.
We trust you found the post above of interest. You can find similar content on our blog:
Please let me have your feedback below in the comments section. Let us know what subjects we should cover for you next.